Proudly Serving Montgomery County Maryland
301 Inspiration Lane, Second Floor, Gaithersburg, MD 20878
We are confident that our fees are competitive within the DC area fee-for-service private practice market, while at the same time consistently out delivering our peers on 3 Critical Components of your experience:
* The outstanding customer service delivered by Petra our Director of Administrative Hospitality and our 21st century user friendly secure communication and scheduling platforms. Ask your therapist about options for encrypted texting communication (Dust, Signal, and Confide).
* The exceptional ambiance and amenities throughout our care environment.
You’re wondering, “How much do Psychologists charge?” If you’ve been to several websites, you may have found this information disappointingly hard to find. You’re likely seeing websites exclude specific pricing information, instead requiring you to call and inquire.
We feel strongly that this increases anxiety forcing you to begin a relationship with an awkward question and by potentially creating doubt as to whether the pricing quotes are capricious, as well as dreading a potential “hard sell.” Thus making your selection process unnecessarily opaque, arduous, and uncomfortable.
Our fees for a standard follow-up psychotherapy appointment range from $150-$190 per session. Please go to our Scheduling Page to see rate details. There you will find a full breakdown of fees specific to provider, service type, and service duration.
As licensed mental health professionals, our out-of-network services are likely covered in full or in part by your health insurance. Additionally you may use your employee benefit plan (HSA/FSA pre-tax dollars) as our merchant account is registered as “medical.”
You can learn more about your insurance benefits asking your insurance carriers customer service representative the following questions:
- Do I have mental health benefits?
- What is my annual deductible and has it been met? How much is still remaining? Does it restart at the end of the calendar year or at some other time?
- Is there a limit to number of sessions my plan will reimbursed for in a calendar year?
- Does my plan allow for the use of out-of-network providers? (ALL OF OUR PROVIDERS ARE ‘OUT-OF-NETWORK.’ WE ARE NOT ON ANY INSURANCE PANELS)
- What is the cost sharing component/split?
- What do you consider ‘reasonable and customary’ R&C for a CPT code of 90834 (the insurance company’s idea of a standard fee for a 45 min follow-up psychotherapy appt) and what percentage do you reimburse from that? So for example if they consider $100 R&C and they reimburse 80% of that amount, they should be cutting you a check for $80 after each of your $175 Appt’s. On the other hand, if they considered $200 R&C they would reimburse 80% of the full appt fee (for example) of $175, hence you could expect a check back for $140. (i.e., 80% of $175.00)
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
- Are there standardized forms I will need to submit for reimbursement? Where do I find these forms on your (insurance) company’s website?
Payment is due at the time of service unless prior arrangements have been made with your provider. We accept all major credit cards, cash and personal checks. We will provide a receipt for you to submit to your insurer for reimbursement; generally on the Monday following your appointment.
All questions regarding your account should be directed to our Director of Hospitality, Ann Connelly at Ann@Kentlandspsychotherapy.com
If you do not show up for your scheduled appointment, and you have not notified us at least 24 hours in advance, you will be required to pay the full cost of the treatment as booked. Please call as soon as possible if you have trouble making your appointment time, in some cases exceptions to the 24hr policy can be made.
To learn more about record keeping, privacy, and other billing policies, go to our Forms Page and peruse our client contracts.
Inclement Weather? Click here for our inclement weather (snow) policy.