Proudly Serving Montgomery County Maryland
301 Inspiration Lane, Second Floor, Gaithersburg, MD 20878
We are confident that our fees are competitive within the DC area fee-for-service private practice market, while at the same time consistently out delivering our peers on 3 Critical Components of your experience:
* The outstanding customer service delivered by Petra our Director of Administrative Hospitality and our 21st century user friendly secure communication and scheduling platforms. Ask your therapist about the option of telemedicine appointments when you’re out of town on business with our very user friendly encrypted App.
* The exceptional ambiance and amenities throughout our care environment.
You’re wondering, “How much do Psychologists charge?” If you’ve been to several websites, you’ve likely already found, more times then not, this information is disappointingly hard to find or not offered at all. You’ve likely seen website’s “Rates and Insurance” pages actually require you to call and ask.
We feel strongly that this unnecessarily increases anxiety, forcing you to begin a relationship with an awkward question and potentially creating doubt as to whether the pricing quotes are capricious, as well as causing you to dread a potential “hard sell.” Thus making your selection process unnecessarily opaque, arduous, and uncomfortable. We think we can do better than that.
Most initial consultations will be 60 mins, and the standard follow-up appointment duration that insurance companies like to reimburse for is 45 minutes.
Need more time? It’s up to you and your therapist. Your out-of-network arrangement is private and between the two of you.
Our couples therapists often preferred extended appointment durations for initial and follow-up couples therapy appointments. Contact the couples therapist you would like to work with directly for details.
CLINICIAN Initial 60/90 min. Appt. 45/60 min Individual Therapy 50/90 min Family or Couples Therapy Elizabeth Carr, Psy.D. $285/$350 $220/$240 $235/$300 Russell Carr, M.D. $400 $250/$325 $250 (45 min Psychoanalysis) Krista Beyer, Psy.D. $220/n/a $185/$200 $190/$290 Kelli Dunlap, Psy.D. $220 $185/$200 $190 Raffaela Peter, Ph.D. $215/$285 $175/$195 n/a/$280 Nicole Beane, LCSW-C $210/n/a $175/$190 $185/n/a Gail Groboski, LCSW-C $205/n/a $170/$185 $180/n/a Johanna Koenig, LCSW-C $185/n/a $160/$175 $170/n/a Angela Voegele, LCSW-C $175/$265 $155/$175 $165/$265
Medication Management Fees
CLINICIAN Initial Medication Evaluation 60 mins Follow-Up Medication Mngmt 30 mins Tel-Cons & Charges Outside of Sessions* Russell Carr, M.D. $400 $200 Prorated by the minute based on $400/hr *Including: Medication refills between scheduled appointments (min $65); insurance pre-authorizations; extended discussions about treatment plans.
|PROFESSIONAL||Divorce Coaching||Parent Coordination||Legal Separation Agreements||Divorce Mediation|
|Cherie Morris, J.D., CDC||$300||$350||n/a||n/a|
|Barbara Rasmussen, ESQ||n/a||n/a||pending||pending|
In order to use your insurance to help cover your costs of care, you will need to plan on submitting your paid receipts to your insurance company for partial reimbursement. This is because we are not in-network with any insurance companies. This means that we do not take co-pays for services and balance bill insurance carriers.
As licensed mental health professionals, our out-of-network services are likely reimbursable in full or in part by your health insurance.
You can pay for your appointments with cash, check, or you credit/debit card. Additionally you may use your employee benefit plan’s HSA/FSA card (using pretax dollars) as our credit card processing merchant account is registered as “medical.”
We will provide you with paid receipts which will include CPT treatment codes and diagnostic codes that you can submit to your insurance company for reimbursement. Please ask your therapist for details and advice on how to navigate this process. Although we cannot submit this paperwork on your behalf, if this process is new to you, please let us know. We are here to help!
You can learn more about your insurance benefits by asking your insurance carrier’s customer service representative the following questions:
- Do I have mental health benefits?
- What is my annual deductible and has it been met? How much is still remaining? Does it restart at the end of the calendar year or at some other time? Do we meet the deductible individually or as a family unit?
- Is there a limit to the number of sessions my plan will reimbursed for in a calendar year? Or a spending cap?
- Does my plan allow for the use of out-of-network providers? (Again: All of our providers are Out of Network at this location, Kentlands Psychotherapy does not have enpaneled providers.)
- What is the cost sharing component/split?
- What do you consider ‘reasonable and customary‘ R&C for a CPT code of 90834 (the insurance company’s idea of a standard fee for a 45 min follow-up psychotherapy appt) and what percentage do you reimburse from that? So, for example, if they consider $100 R&C and they reimburse 80% of that amount, they should be cutting you a check for $80 after each of your $175 Appt’s. On the other hand, if they considered $200 R&C they would reimburse 80% of the full appt fee (for example) of $175, hence you could expect a check back for $140. (i.e., 80% of $175.00)
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
- Are there any standardized forms I will need to submit for reimbursement? Where do I find these forms on your (insurance) company’s website?
Payment is due at the time of service unless prior arrangements have been made with your provider. We accept all major credit cards, cash, and personal checks. We will provide a receipt for you to submit to your insurer for reimbursement, generally on the Monday following your appointment.
All questions regarding your account should be directed to our Director of Hospitality, Petra Desmond, at PDesmond@Kentlandspsychotherapy.com
If you do not come to your scheduled appointment and you have not notified your therapist at least 24 hours in advance, you will be charged the full fee for the appointment as booked. Please call as soon as possible if you have trouble making your appointment time. In some cases, exceptions to the 24-hr policy can be made.
You will learn more about record keeping, privacy, and other billing policies, in the online paperwork you complete before your initial consultation appointment. If you have any questions or concerns about these forms, please bring them to the attention of your therapist before or during your first appointment.
Inclement Weather? Click here for our inclement weather (snow) policy.